In TATIUC, we work hard as a team to provide the best education services. Your dream is our mission.
Deputy Rector Office (Academic & Internationalisation) has been developed to assist Rector in managing, coordinating and monitoring all matters related to academic and international affairs. In particular, the primary responsibility of this office is to manage academic affairs for all academics programmes and also international affairs of TATIUC.
• Coordinate and monitor the planning and the development of academic programmes including development process, the improvement of the curriculum, design and the implementation of quality academic programmes.
• Monitor TATIUC academic system through Jawatankuasa Pengajian.
• Develop academic programmes towards producing competent students who can meet the needs of professionals working including the local and international markets through the quality of teaching and learning process, enabling environment and the implementation of a clear policy.
• As a source of reference for the development, design and implementation of quality academic programmes including the publication of relevant academic reference from time to time.
• Ensure the student admission policies are consistent with the objectives of TATIUC
• Explore the opportunities to acquire technical expertise and development of TATIUC staff training TATIUC.
Department of Student Affairs and Alumni has been established to fulfil the mission of TATIUC in producing excellent and all-rounder graduates. The main function of the department is to meet the needs of TATIUC students by providing well-equipped accommodation, giving the assistance means to obtain education loan, managing on and off-campus activities as well as offering the past counselling service to students. The reason is to enhance student’s potential towards achieving the mission and vision of TATIUC. Thus, the department strives to become an excellent student’s service provider underlining quality services and facilities which in result, able to create conducive living and learning environment.
1. Students Activities
• Club/association registration
• Facilities for club/association
• Approval/manage/advice for students’ activity
• Orientation for new students
• MPP Election
• Disciplinary board
2. Students Accommodation
• Hostel management
• Hostel facilities
• Supervise food and beverage outlets
• Students’ welfare
• Students Hostel placement
3. Counseling And Career Guidance
• Individual/group counseling
• Career guidance
• Career placement
• Study guide
• Peer counseling
4. Sports And Recreation
• Administration/sports and recreation facilities management
• Management/provide sports and recreation equipment
• Conduct sports and recreation activities
• Training/sports and recreation course
5. Leadership Training And Students Development
• Students’ moral development training
• Religious and moral speech
• Entrepreneurship guidance
• Public service
• Self-development and motivation programme
• Management and leadership training for leaders
6. Students Welfare
• Students insurance
• Students welfare fund
• Health and emergency
7. Alumni Networking
• Alumni Database
• Alumni Contribution
• Alumni Activities
Department of Finance has been established alongside with TATIUC with the functions to plan and control financial management of TATIUC as well as to manage budgeting system based on standards and regulations. Department of Finance is also responsible to generate income via collections of student fees and maintain accounting and financial system of TATIUC.
• Prepare annual financial statements.
• Prepare annual budget and distribute the University’s allocation of funds.
• Issues purchase order and agreement letter upon approval by the appointed committee.
• Manage debtors accounts / fee collection and scholarship/loan payment for eligible students (Accounts Receivable).
• Manage creditors accounts /payments and make payments for bills and claims to clients (Accounts Payable).
• Prepare payroll for all staff.
• Process travelling, overtime and other claims for all staff.
• Process staff and students applications for advance cash.
• Manage petty cash.
• Manage assets for TATIUC.
As a higher learning institution, TATIUC provides complete library facilities to students and staff as well as to satisfy their learning scope requirement. In order to support a learning process in line with a necessity as well as a suggestion from all sorts of parties, we keep a collection that composes of printed and non-printed materials to assist in learning process.
To enhance the quality of learning and teaching in TATIUC, we provide various services for user consisting of:
• Circulation (Borrowing and Returning of Books)
• Reference Services and User Guidelines
• Self-service Photocopy and Printing Services
• Facsimile Services
• Internet Services (Free)
• Self Access Centre (SAC)
• Online Book Searching (WebOpac)
• E-Resources / Online Databases
• Wireless Internet Facilities
The establishment of this department is to coordinate between industries and the faculties in managing students industrial placement. This department also responsible to manage facilities rental activities and commercial projects. Short courses to industrial workers who are keen to gain extra hand-on knowledge and input is one of the service offered by this department. This in return, will tie a bilateral relationship between TATIUC and related industries. The existence of this department can be seen as a stepping stone for industrial workers who undergo the training at TATIUC.
• Identify and acquire companies for the industrial placement of students and short course participants who will undergo industrial training
• Identify and obtain grants / funds allocated by the government or private sectors to conduct short courses and certificate level courses.
• Identify and get commercial projects /consultation works /machining works.
• Marketing and managing TATIUC facilities leased to outside parties.
• Creating linkage with government agencies and the private sectors.
The Information Technology Services Centre supports a variety of day-to-day services of the academic, research and administrative communities of TATIUC by providing customer-focused IT services. The services provided by the centre include technical support, system application development, as well as recommendation, acquisition, installation and subsequent maintenance. The centre is responsible in ensuring proven leading edge technologies and systems are adopted to support the activities of students, staffs and researchers.
• Consultation, Planning and Development of ICT
• Network Construction, Services and Maintenance
• Managing TATIUC ICT and network infrastructure based on current technologies
• ICT Customer Services and Maintenance
The Facility Management For Teaching, Learning and Safety Centre is established to support TATIUC’s vision, mission, goals and objectives. The centre is structured to maintain the standard and quality of maintenance and performance for all equipment, machineries and assets related to the university’s teaching and learning processes. Apart from that, the centre is responsible to perform comprehensive maintenance in order to keep the assets at a standard condition. Indeed, it is the basic maintenance level at which assets should be maintained, as to ensure TATIUC students are satisfied with the overall condition of the assets that will be used for the teaching and learning process and also implement a safety environment management system that meets the legislations.
• To plan and monitor teaching and learning facilities routine maintenance
• To handle and deal with complaints regarding teaching and learning facilities
• To coordinate requests for accreditation of teaching and learning facilities
• To coordinate the purchase of teaching and learning facilities
• To provide resource and continuous training for occupational safety environment activity to be carried out in safe, conductive and work control
• To implement nature a safe, conductive work culture as a practice in TATIUC guided by understanding, responsibility and self-regulation
The Centre For Religious Affairs And Welfare is one of the newly created departments at TATI University College (TATIUC) by top management at the beginning of 2015. The rationale, this center is created for the purpose of providing and sharing religious and spiritual inputs especially to all staff and residents of TATIUC in general.
The Centre is also responsible for coordinating religious and spiritual activities at Surau al - Muttaqin TATIUC (main surau) for the purpose of enlining it especially for TATIUC worker, whether staff or students. Thus, the centre takes the initiative to assist the Student Affairs Department and Alumni (HEPA) in achieving the objective of forming an ethical and highly respected student.
The centre is also entrusted with a new scope beginning this year, 2018 on waqf and its implementation at TATIUC. Apart from that, the welfare aspect of the staff is also the main backbone of the establishment of this centre, but only within a very limited scope;
pilgrimage / social visits to staff receiving hospital treatment as well as plan and coordinate staff welfare activities with Kelab Sukan and Kebajikan (KSKT) TATIUC.
1. Plan religious and spiritual activities for staff
2. Manage the administration and activities of Surau al-Muttaqin, TATIUC
3. Plan and coordinate staff welfare activities
4. Assisting the HEPA Department in conducting spiritual-related activities by supervising students' spiritual activities
The Department of Development and Property Management was established alongside with TATIUC. It was formerly known as the Department of Infrastructure. Its function was to manage the physical development and maintenance for the whole campus. It’s role is to provide comfortable space, manage and implement the university’s physical development and the university’s infrastructure including teaching and learning facilities to meet the university’s need and based on university’s mission and vision.
• Planning programs for the development of infrastructure
• Managing the process of developing infrastructure
• Managing infrastructure
• Managing building maintenance
• Managing the facilities for university events and celebrations
This centre is established to coordinate and monitor the implementation of strategic plans of TATIUC as well as the management of official media, corporate identity coordination and centre of reference for all TATIUC events.
a) Manage strategic plan, risk management and information management of TATIUC
b) Issue performance indicator reports of TATIUC
c) Issue the rating reports of TATIUC
d) Coordinate the contents of TATIUC official website and social media accounts.
e) Develop and implement TATIUC corporate identity to enhance the branding image of the institution
f) Manage media relations and communication crisis of TATIUC
g) Coordinate and monitor the progress of TATIUC main events.
Human Resource Department is one of department under Registrar’s Office developed to manage, coordinate and monitor all matters related to staff. The primary responsibility of this department is to perform the human resource management, overseeing various aspects of employment and implement rules and legislation of human resources.
1. To perform staffing activities such as recruitment, appointment, promotion and resignation.
2. To manage staff’s performance evaluation, payroll, benefits, welfare and awards.
3. To monitor staff through disciplinary procedures.
4. To provide training and development for all staff.
5. To manage and maintain staff’s record and vital documents.