Mechatronics is one of the important engineering disciplines within the engineering society. Mechatronics are not limited to areas with applications such as mechanical, electrical & electronics and robotics but also extended into areas of applications such as in manufacturing, automation, computer integrated system and many more. Our Mechatronics program is differ from other engineering programs offered in such a way, 60% of the program contents focus on practical.
Mechatronics technologists are involved in the development and high end application, such as, automation for electromechanical systems, computer systems, embedded systems, or electronic control systems applied in process plants, automotive industry, aerospace, and even maintenance. Graduates in this field are highly sought after by potential employers.
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Honours) Mechatronics at TATI University College emphasizes on basic electrical and electronic courses such as circuit theory, electronics system, digital electronics, microcontroller and embedded system. On the automation part, students are exposed to pneumatics & hydraulics, electro-pneumatics, programmable logic, machine design, power electronics & drives and industrial robotics.
- Able to technically apply the knowledge of science and engineering technology for solving mechatronics problems
- Competency to function in teams, communicate effectively and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Responsible to the creator, nation and society in performing their duties with high ethical values
- Exhibit a desire for life-long learning through continuous technical training and professional development inducing the ability to become a successful technopreneurship in mechatronic field
- Acquire and apply knowledge of sciences, mathematics and engineering technology fundamentals to mechatronics engineering technology (knowledge)
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical expertise in mechatronics engineering technology (Practical Skills)
- Identify, formulate and provide creative, innovative and effective solution to mechatronics engineering technology problems (Thinking & Scientific Skill)
- Communicate effectively both in written and spoken form with other technologists, professionals and community (Communication Skill)
- Manage effectively in teams and able to adopt social skills, cultural, environmental and ethical responsibility to the society (Social Skill, Team Work & Responsibility)
- Understand and commit professionally, ethically and with human responsibility as an engineering technologist (Values, Ethics, Moral, Professional)
- Recognize the need for and to engage in life-long learning and professional development (Information Management Lifelong Learning Skill)
- Self-motivate and enhance entrepreneurship skills for career development in real world perspective (Managerial & Entrepreneurship Skill)
- Realize and demonstrate effective leadership responsibility (Leadership Skill)